Rainbow was formed by Ritchie Blackmore in 1975 after he left Deep Purple at the height of their fame. They were instantly successful and released a string of hit albums with an ever-changing line-up between 1975 and 1983.
This concert from their European tour in 1977 features the line-up responsible for the Long Live Rock'N'Roll album, including Ronnie James Dio and drummer Cozy Powell.
Blackmore had to be smuggled out of Austria after trouble with the police at a gig two nights earlier and was very late arriving in Munich, all of which seemed to inspire both the band and the audience to create a truly remarkable gig.
- DISC ONE:
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Kill The King
- 3. Mistreated
- 4. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
- 5. Catch The Rainbow
- 6. Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
- DISC TWO:
- 1. Man On The Silver Mountain
- 2. Still I'm Sad
- 3. Do You Close Your Eyes
- Rainbow Monsters Of Rock: Live At Donington 1980 (DVD/CD) (Eagle Rock)