Produced by Earle alongside longtime collaborator Skylar Wilson, the 10-track album was recorded completely live with no overdubs during a 4-day period at an old converted church recording studio in Asheville, NC.
Of the new record, Earle comments, 'I think that it's the job of the artist to be in transition and constantly learn more. The new record is completely different than my last one, Harlem River Blues. This time I've gone in a Memphis-soul direction.'
And that's true enough. While Harlem River Blues was a love letter to his new hometown of NYC, this new album is a gorgeous, sometimes lush sometimes sparse, paeaon to a city that's given so much to the world musically. The sweat, the horns, the soul.
- 1. Am I That Lonely Tonight
- 2. Look The Other Way
- 3. ? Nothing's Gonna Change The Way You Feel About Me Now
- 4. Baby's Got A Bad Idea
- 5. Maria
- 6. Lower East Side
- 7. Won't Be The Last Time
- 8. Memphis In The Rain
- 9. Unfortunately Anna
- 10. Movin' On
- Justin Townes Earle Harlem River Blues (Bloodshot)
- Steve Earle & The Dukes Terraplane (New West)
- Justin Townes Earle Kids In The Street (New West)
- Steve Earle & The Dukes GUY (New West)
- Justin Townes Earle The Saint Of Lost Causes (New West)
- Steve Earle & The Dukes Ghosts Of West Virginia (New West)
- Steve Earle & The Dukes J.T. (New West)