A special DVD/CD 2-disc package featuring the intimate, music-driven feature film Troubadours and special bonus audio CD.
In the wake of the turbulent 1960's, as a new style of song and songwriter came to the fore, Troubadours tells the story of when rock 'n' roll grew up. The time was the early '70s, the place was an old beatnik folk club called The Troubadour in Los Angeles, CA, and the players were young musicians emboldened to share their most intimate thoughts backed by little more than a lone acoustic guitar or simple piano. Exploring the early careers of Carole King and James Taylor, as well as the entire California singer-songwriter scene, Troubadours includes interviews with many of the other singer-songwriters from that historical once-in-a-lifetime period - Jackson Browne, David Crosby, Kris Kristofferson, Elton John, Bonnie Raitt, and more.
This package includes special bonus audio disc containing songs from many of the key artists from the Troubadour singer/songwriter era.
- 1. James Taylor - Sweet Baby James
- 2. Linda Ronstadt - Desperado
- 3. Little Feat - Dixie Chicken
- 4. Elton John - Take Me To The Pilot
- 5. Tom Waits - Ol' 55
- 6. Bonnie Raitt - Love Has No Pride
- 7. Randy Newman - Sail Away
- 8. Warren Zevon - Poor Poor Pitiful Me
- 9. Kris Kristofferson - Why Me
- 10. Carole King - It's Too Late