Yolanda Duke seems to weave a magic spell on the repertoire of The Great American Songbook, making them her own. She sings them with unabashed, almost naked emotion, in her majestic contralto.
Every once and a while Ms. Duke takes flight into ranges that she would not normally venture, where she is absolutely and devastatingly beautiful. 'Luna Azul,' performed as a cha cha cha seems to exist in a rarefied realm. The haunting beauty of 'Medley Myrta Silva' is a most spine chilling bolero, especially as Ms. Duke reaches for those high notes as if she were singing an aria.
- 1. La Neblina De Tu Amor (Misty)
- 2. Te Llevo Bajo La Piel (I've Got You Under My Skin)
- 3. Contigo En La Distancia (Arranged, produced and performed by Arturo Sandoval)
- 4. Eso Que Llaman Amor (What Is This Thing Called Love?)
- 5. Muchos Besos
- 6. Dios, Como Te Amo
- 7. Nadie Me Lo Podra Quitar (They Can't Take That Away From Me)
- 8. Luna Azul (Blue Moon)
- 9. Medley Myrta Silva
- 10. Extraño Aquellos Años (The Hungry Years)
- 11. Dio Come Ti Amo (Italian Version)