Live radio broadcasts such as The Grand Ole Opry, The Louisiana Hayride, and The Renfro Valley Barn Dance were instrumental in building careers and shaping country music in the pre-war years of the 20th century. Music City Roots is the torchbearer for that legacy, carrying the radio broadcast tradition into the 21st century.
Since its first broadcast just 2 years ago, Music City Roots has been launching careers, earning fans and building community throughout the roots music world. The sounds of this happening have been heard by the lucky live audience and local radio listeners of WRLT as well as by millions over the internet.
Now, in an effort to document their success to date and spread the good word even further, Music City Roots has released their first compilation, Roots Moments (Season 1). Featured on the recording are live performances from Jim Lauderdale, Charlie Louvin, Nanci Griffith, Mike Farris, and 18 South (featuring Jesse Alexander, John Randall, Mike Bub, Jimmy Wallace, Guthrie Trapp, Larry Atamanuik), as well as the now legendary Music City Roots jam, the evening's closing event and always a highlight.
- 1. Jim Lauderdale - I Will Wait For You
- 2. 18 South - Late Night Ramble
- 3. Holy Ghost Tent Revival - Walking Over My Grave
- 4. Nanci Griffith - Listen To The Radio
- 5. Miss Tess And The Bon Ton Parade - That Oo Oo Oo
- 6. Scott Miller - Appalachian Refugee
- 7. Caitlin Rose - Sinful Wishing Well
- 8. Charlie Louvin - See The Big Man Cry
- 9. Mike Farris & The McCrary Sisters - On My Way To Heaven
- 10. The Black Lillies - Little Darlin'
- 11. Loveless Jam Led By Jim Lauderdale, Sam Bush & Mike Farris - Up On Cripple Creek