Legendary bassist Stanley Clarke considers his new release from the Stanley Clarke Band, Up, to be the most energetic, rhythmic and upbeat album that he has ever done - and with more than 40 solo albums under his belt, that's saying quite a lot.
Clarke's signature bass virtuosity and technical acumen is present throughout, but the enjoyment he had in making this album is also apparent. Unlike his predominantly acoustic bass work on the last few albums, Up is almost equal parts electric and acoustic bass.
- 1. Pop Virgil
- 2. Last Train To Sanity
- 3. Up
- 4. Brazilian Love Affair - Dedicated To George Duke
- 5. Bass Folk Song #13: Mingus
- 6. I Have Something To Tell You
- 7. Trust - Dedicated To Nana
- 8. Bass Folk Song #7: Tradition
- 9. Gotham City
- 10. Bass Folk Song #14: Dance Of The Giant Hummingbird / Bass Folk Song #15: Eleuthera Island
- 11. School Days
- 12. La Canci*oacute*n De Sofia
- The Stanley Clarke Band The Message (Mack Avenue)