Mr. Mojo Risin': The Story of L.A. Woman is the story of the making of the Doors' last album with Jim Morrison, L.A. Woman.
2011 was the 40th anniversary of the album's release and this program goes into detail of how the album came about, its recording and what was happening to the band at the time. The story is told through new interviews with the three surviving Doors: Ray Manzarek, Robbie Krieger, and John Densmore plus contributions from Jac Holzman, founder of their label, Elektra Records, Bill Siddons, who was their manager, Bruce Botnick, engineer and co-producer of the album, and others associated with the Doors at that time. The show includes archive footage of the Doors performing both live and in the studio, classic photographs and new musical demonstrations from the Doors.
Available on DVD and Blu-Ray
Bonus Features: Additional interviews not featured in the broadcast version and the brand new/unreleased track, 'She Smells So Nice.'
- The Doors When You're Strange: A Film About The Doors (DVD) (Eagle Rock/Eagle Vision)
- The Doors When You're Strange (Rhino/DMC)
- The Doors L.A. Woman: The Workshop Sessions (Vinyl) (Elektra/Rhino/Doors Music)
- The Doors Live At The Bowl '68 (Doors Music/Elektra/Rhino)
- The Doors Live At The Bowl '68 (DVD/Blu-ray) (Eagle Rock)
- The Doors R-Evolution (Blu-ray) (Eagle Rock)
- The Doors Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine (Reissue) (Rhino)
- The Doors Feast Of Friends (DVD) (Eagle Rock)
- The Doors Other Voices + Full Circle (2CD) (Rhino)
- The Doors London Fog 1966 (10" Vinyl w/CD) (Bright Midnight/Rhino)
- The Doors Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 (Eagle Rock)