Rick Moranis, nominated for a Grammy for Best Comedy Album in 1983 and 2005, returns with a new collection of songs, this time derived from his Jewish roots and upbringing.
My Mother's Brisket & Other Love Songs is an eclectic blend of klezmer, rumba, folk and jazz covering themes of family, food, religious traditions, more food, love, and dessert.
With this new album, Moranis goes back to where he started: 'When I first began writing jokes and sketches with various Jewish partners one of us would inevitably stop at some point and announce, 'Too Jewish!' Too Jewish for the star, the show, the network, or the audience. The songs on this album are all in that category.
- 1. I'm Old Enough To Be Your Zaide
- 2. My Wednesday Balabusta
- 3. Live Blogging The Himel Family Bris
- 4. My Mother's Brisket
- 5. Belated Haftorah
- 6. Pu-Pu-Pu
- 7. Parve
- 8. Wiggle Room
- 9. I Can't Help It, I Just Like Christmas
- 10. The Seven Days Of Shiva
- 11. Kiss My Mezuzah
- 12. Asian Confusion
- 13. Oy, The Mistakes I Made