See My Friends is a collection of collaborations with a formidable bunch of artists on tracks drawn from Davies' 46 years as a songwriter that include Bruce Springsteen on 'Better Things,' Metallica on 'You Really Got Me,' Mumford & Sons on 'Days/This Time Tomorrow,' and Paloma Faith on 'Lola,' and ten other equally inspired partnerships.
'I'm a collaborative sort of person. I've worked in musicals, and theatre. I find that a lot of people who do what I do are frightened of collaborating. They get scared. They don't want to be exposed. They want the safety net of their own talent and their own organization around them. But the fear of failure doesn't really enter my head,' said Davies. A dialogue began between Davies and artists in the UK and the US. Some were fans of his. Others were suggested to him. Some he'd had long relationships with.
'Certainly with some tracks,' continues Davies, 'I had to appreciate the style of the other artists, otherwise it would have sounded unbalanced. And I wanted the album to work as an entire listening experience. So each track had a good life of its own.'
- 1. Better Things - Ray Davies & Bruce Springsteen
- 2. Celluloid Heroes - Ray Davies, Jon Bon Jovi & Richie Sambora
- 3. Days/This Time Tomorrow - Ray Davies & Mumford & Sons
- 4. Long Way From Home - Ray Davies, Lucinda Williams & The 88
- 5. You Really Got Me - Ray Davies & Metallica
- 6. Lola - Ray Davies & Paloma Faith
- 7. Waterloo Sunset - Ray Davies & Jackson Browne
- 8. 'Til The End Of The Day - Ray Davies, Alex Chilton & The 88
- 9. Dead End Street - Ray Davies & Amy Macdonald
- 10. See My Friends - Ray Davies & Spoon
- 11. This Is Where I Belong - Ray Davies & Black Francis
- 12. David Watts - Ray Davies & The 88
- 13. Tired Of Waiting - Ray Davies & Gary Lightbody
- 14. All Day And All Og The Night/Destroyer - Ray Davies & Billy Corgan