A century to the day after the Los Angeles Philharmonic’s first concert on October 24th, 1919, their centennial season ended in a wonderful evening at the Walt Disney Concert Hall with the current and former chief conductors Gustavo Dudamel, Zubin Mehta and Esa-Pekka Salonen sharing the podium. In addition to the marvelous concert this release includes the bonus film LA Phil – The Tradition Of The New. This documentary portrays the history of the orchestra and its continual creative reinvention and includes interviews with Frank Gehry, music critics, the conductors and members of the Los Angeles Philharmonic staff.
- Scroll Down To Watch Video
- 1. Wagner: Prelude To Die Meistersinger Von Nurnberg
- 2. Ravel: La Valse (Poeme Choreographique Pour Orchestre)
- 3. Lutoslawski: Symphony #4
- 4. Stravinsky: The Firebird Suite (1919 Version)
- 5. Bjarnason: From Space I Saw Earth (World Premiere)
- 6. Documentary: The Los Angeles Philharmonic – The Tradition Of The New A Film By Laszlo Molnar