Flesh Tone was singled out by spin.com as one of the 25 Summer Albums That Matter Most and the New York Times called it 'one of her strongest records yet.' Perezhilton.com hailed it as 'one of the summer's best,' adding: 'There are soooooo many good songs on Kelis album! Actually, they are ALL good!' Reviews in the U.K. have been stellar also. 'Kelis. Genius. Pop Auteur. Credible diva. Welcome back,' said NME, giving Flesh Tone an 8 out of 10 rating. The Sunday Times of London called it a 'celebratory slice of dancefloor heaven' while Glamour gave it five stars. 'She's still fierce and fabulous, and we're thrilled to have her back!' said Time Out London.
Kelis' latest single '4th Of July (Fireworks)' is the follow-up to her international No. 1 hit 'Acapella,' which topped both the Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs Chart and Music Week's Pop Club Chart in the U.K. earlier this year. She'll perform the track live on the Today Show July 6th in New York city, and will begin the co-headline All Hearts tour with Robyn July 23 at the Henry Fonda theatre in Los Angeles.
- 1. Intro - Produced By: Burns
- 2. 22nd Century - Produced By: Boys Noize
- 3. 4th Of July (Fireworks) - Produced By: Damien Leroy Aka Dj Ammo
- 4. Home - Produced By: Free School
- 5. Acapella - Produced By: David Guetta / Co-Produced By: Fred Riesterer
- 6. Scream - Produced By: David Guetta / Co-Produced By: El Tocadisco (Roman De Garcez)
- 7. Emancipate - Produced By: Alle & Benny Benassi
- 8. Brave - Produced By: Alle & Benny Benassi / Co-Produced By: Will.I.Am
- 9. Song For The Baby - Produced By: Free School
- Kelis Food (Ninja Tune)