When Jonathan Richman set out to record songs for his 5th studio album for Vapor Records, the road led him as far flung as Spain and South America. Yet, it was home cooking in San Francisco that yielded the recordings that would become O Moon, Queen of Night on Earth.
Featuring Jonathan's longtime collaborator Tommy Larkins on drums, the album reveals a shift in direction for Richman. As the title suggests, this outing finds Richman looking up to the lonely night sky during the wee small hours - when time slows down and everything is as melancholy as it is beautiful. The album artwork acts in kind, with Richman's own paintings suggesting a veil of muted moonlight.
- 1. O Moon, Queen Of Night On Earth
- 2. These Bodies That Came To Cavort
- 3. If You Want To Leave Our Party Just Go
- 4. I Was The One She Came For
- 5. Sa Voix M'Atisse
- 6. We Will Be The Noise, We Will Be The Scandal
- 7. The Sea Was Calling Me Home
- 8. Winter Afternoon By B.U. In Boston
- 9. The Bitter Herb
- 10. Sa Voix M'Atisse (Reprise)
- 11. My Affected Accent
- 12. Even Though I Know I Am The Wind And The Sun, I
- 13. The Sea Was Calling Me Home (Reprise)
- 14. It Was Time For Me To Be With Her