On his first full-length album since 2008, John Dufilho has indeed taken a high-minded route. To be released under his new John Singer Sergeant moniker - a reference to 19th Century American painter John Singer Sargent - this latest affair is a collaborative effort; Dufilho, recorded, performed, and mixed the 14-track album's backing music entirely by himself (aside from a few piano parts contributed by Rich Martin) and invited a cast of musician acquaintances and close family friends to replace him on lead vocals.
Guests: Ben Kweller, The Apples' Robert Schneider, Rhett Miller, Death Cab for Cutie's Chris Walla, Centro-matic's Will Johnson, Kool and the Gang's remarkable Sir Earl Toon, and indie chanteuse Sarah Jaffe.
- 1. Big Distortion - Will Johnson
- 2. Mountains, Oceans, Elephants - Ben Kweller
- 3. Jinxed - Robert Schneider
- 4. Dizzy Joy - Sir Earl Toon
- 5. My Own Worst Critic - Rhett Miller
- 6. Married To The Sea - Marcus Striplin & Sarah Jaffe
- 7. Birdy Num Num - Danette Dufilho & Letty Gomez
- 8. Why Does Your Moog Effect Me So? - Brandon Carr & Dylan Silvers
- 9. Kick Your Feet Up High (Kid's Song) - CJ Davis
- 10. Lazy Days Are Good - Erik Sanden
- 11. Crooked Teeth Like A Broken Piano - Salim Nourallah
- 12. Gone In A Second - Tony Miller, Sarah Jaffe & Spyche
- 13. Normal Sounds Weird - Chris Walla & Rachel Demy
- 14. It's Hard To Run Uphill On Stilts - Spyche