This 10-song collection could have been titled Long Gone Granddaddy for the shuffling country blues flavor of not just the Hank Williams covers but of much of the batch.
Grandpa's contributions, title track 'I'm A Long Gone Daddy' and ''Neath A Cold Gray Tomb of Stone,' are complemented by fiddle and steel-drenched songs written by generations he influenced, including Merle Haggard ('The Bottle Let Me Down'), Johnny Cash ('Wreck of the Old 97') and Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson ('Good Hearted Woman').
A collection of six previously unreleased recordings and four resurrected from prior releases, the album is an exclamation point on the style and mood of Hank III's 1999 Risin' Outlaw breakthrough and acclaimed follow-up Lovesick Broke & Driftin'.
- 1. I'm A Long Gone Daddy (Hank Williams Cover)
- 2. Sun Comes Up (Previously Unreleased)
- 3. The Bottle Let Me Down (Previously Unreleased; Merle Haggard Cover)
- 4. Wreck Of The Old '97 (Johnny Cash Cover)
- 5. Neath A Cold Grey Tomb Of Stone (Hank Williams Cover)
- 6. The Wind Blew Cold (Previously Unreleased)
- 7. Good Hearted Woman (Previously Unreleased; Waylon Jennings/Willie Nelson Cover)
- 8. This Ain't Montgomery (With Joey Allcorn)
- 9. What They Want Me To Be (Previously Unreleased)
- 10. If The Shoe Fits (Shuffle Mix) (Previously Unreleased; Original Version From Risin' Outlaw)