Panama 500 is Pérez's most ambitious project to date, the furthest evolution yet of what the pianist/composer calls 'three-dimensional music.' His blend of influences makes him the ideal musical chronicler of his country's history: already a land bridge between the Americas with a vibrant indigenous culture, Panama also began to absorb European culture into its own following Balboa's arrival. Pérez similarly weaves together jazz and Pan-American folkloric traditions with influences from European classical music.
- 1. Rediscovery Of The South Sea
- 2. Panama 500
- 3. Reflections On The South Sea
- 4. Abia Yala (America)
- 5. Gratitude
- 6. The Canal Suite: Land Of Hope
- 7. The Canal Suite: Premonition In Rhythm
- 8. The Canal Suite: Melting Pot (Chocolito)
- 9. The Expedition
- 10. Narration To Reflections On The South Sea
- 11. Panama Viejo
- 12. Celebration Of Our Land
Oct 18Paris, France Perez, Brian Blade, Danilo Pérez, John Patitucci, and 1 more… at New Morning
Oct 26Stuttgart, Germany Perez and Danilo Pérez with Patitucci at Eventcenter "spardawelt"
- Danilo Perez Providencia (Mack Avenue)