Alfred Darlington, aka Daedelus, returns with his new full-length album on Ninja Tune, Bespoke, a title summing up the unique and eccentric vision of a musical artist as obsessed with the clothing of the Victorian era as he is with the music of the future.
Bespoke is defined as 'a term employed to mean an item custom-made to measure.' Darlington explains that 'I not only intended it as a reflection of the LP itself, but also an outlook on life.' It's Daedelus' way of stating that it's possible to grow and flourish as a musician without settling for the drab factory pre-sets of genre.
Featuring guests Inara George, Bilal, Busdriver, Baths, and more, everything on Bespoke fits perfectly, the work of a master tailor, for whom craftsmanship and quality is every bit as important as standing out from the crowd.
- 1. Tailor-Made (Featuring Milosh)
- 2. Sew, Darn, Mend
- 3. Penny Loafers (Featuring Inara George)
- 4. One And Lonely (Featuring Young Dad)
- 5. Suit Yourself
- 6. What Can You Do? (Featuring Busdriver)
- 7. French Cuffs (Featuring Baths)
- 8. In Tatters (Featuring Kelela Mizanekristos)
- 9. Slowercase D
- 10. Overwhelmed (Featuring Bilal)
- 11. Nightcap