Carter Girl is the first album of new recordings this decade from Americana legend Carlene Carter. Produced by Don Was, Carter Girl is, in a very literal way, Carlene's personal homage to the Carter Family legacy that both underpins so much of America's music and is part of her own DNA.
The album revisits both classic Carter Family repertoire as well as original songs that reflect Carlene's direct connection to her roots. Guests include Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Vince Gill, Elizabeth Cook, Jim Keltner, and Sam Bush, as well as the late Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash, and 'Cowboy' Jack Clement.
- 1. Little Black Train
- 2. Give Me The Roses (While I Live)
- 3. Me And The Wildwood Rose
- 4. Blackie's Gunman (With Sam Bush)
- 5. I'll Be All Smiles Tonight
- 6. Poor Old Heartsick Me
- 7. Troublesome Waters (With Willie Nelson)
- 8. Lonesome Valley 2003 (With Vince Gill)
- 9. Tall Lover Man
- 10. Gold Watch And Chain
- 11. Black Jack David (With Kris Kristofferson)
- 12. I Ain't Gonna Work Tomorrow (With Helen Carter, Anita Carter, June Carter Cash, Johnny Cash)