Chain Letters moves away from the rustic, pastoral sound of Big Harp's debut. From the pained apathy of 'You Can't Save 'Em All' to the cracked parade march of 'Call Out the Cavalry, Strike Up the Band,' Chain Letters finds the band enveloping and exploding their literate songs with fuzzed-out, needle-sharp textures.
'We really built the songs around Stef's fuzz bass,' says Chris. '...hopefully we landed closer to mid-'70's Iggy Pop than Leonard Cohen this time. Really I'd like it to sound like Leonard Cohen fronting The Pixies.'
- 1. You Can't Save 'Em All
- 2. Waiting For Some Drunk
- 3. Some People Are Born Strange
- 4. Good News
- 5. Bar All The Doors
- 6. No Trouble At All
- 7. Micajah With His Hands Up
- 8. Outside In The Snow
- 9. It's Easy To Be Strange
- 10. Call Out The Cavalry, Strike Up The Band
- Big Harp White Hat (Saddle Creek)