This short film and concert footage chronicles the improbable four-decade transformation of a band of ragtag hippies into the 9-time Grammy-winning champions of western swing and today's status as Texas cultural icons.
From the early days in Paw Paw, WV to the big breaks in San Francisco, settling permanently in Austin, and then on to each of the improbable come-backs through the years, the story culminates in a triumphant 2010 concert that reunites the 'family' for its 40th anniversary. The band lives on because of the intense love of this music and the audience that insists on more of it.
- 1. Asleep At The Wheel Then And Now Documentary
- BONUS VIDEOS: 40TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT:
- 2. I'll Never Get Out Of This World
- 3. Bump Bounce Boogie
- 4. The Letter (That Johnny Walker Read)
- 5. Cherokee Boogie
- 6. House Of Blue Lights
- 7. Boogie Back To Texas
Apr 15Kent, OH, US Asleep At the Wheel at The Kent Stage
Apr 26Cincinnati, OH, US Asleep At the Wheel at Taft Theatre
Jun 01Tulsa, OK, US Asleep At the Wheel and George Strait at BOK Center
Jun 02Tulsa, OK, US George Strait and Asleep At the Wheel at BOK Center
- Asleep At The Wheel Still The King: Celebrating The Music Of Bob Wills (Bismeaux)
- Asleep At The Wheel Lone Star Christmas Night (Bismeaux)