In making A Christmas Cornucopia, Annie Lennox wanted to reboot, re-energize these songs - some sacred, some secular, all special. To restore the hymnal heart and soulful sentiment, but in a manner that will appeal to listeners of all faiths, creeds and cultures.
'I started to see these carols very differently. And I want people to hear the carols differently. At the same time, I can't be prescriptive about what people discover on listening to A Christmas Cornucopia. I think many people will find a connection to it, a certain nostalgia with a fresh twist... It's been a joy to record, and I hope that people can enjoy it for years to come,' says Lennox.
With her voice, with such sentiments, and with that passion and vision, Lennox has achieved her goal. It's an album and idea she was, you might say, born to do - Annie Lennox's birthday is December 25th.
- 1. Angels From the Realms of Glory
- 2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- 3. See Amid the Winter's Snow
- 4. Il Est Ne Le Divin Enfant
- 5. The First Noel
- 6. Lullay Lullay (The Coventry Carol)
- 7. The Holly and the Ivy
- 8. In The Bleak Midwinter
- 9. As Joseph Was A Walking (The Cherry Tree Carol)
- 10. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- 11. Silent Night
- 12. Universal Child